Onboarding Employees for Retention
When you consider that 20% of turnover occurs in the first 45 days of employment, the groundwork for retaining employees needs to start from the very beginning. Investing in onboarding pays off: About 58% percent of employees who had a structured onboarding experience are more likely to be with the company three years later.
Using an effective competency assessment as part of your Onboarding process sets new employees on the path to Performance Development from the start. Knowing this is part of your Onboarding process also helps you attract and hire top talent, as employees look for opportunities to learn new things and develop their skills.
Talent Snapshot’s® Onboarding Solution includes:
- An online individual development plan integrated with our 1:1 reviews, utilizing the feedback received as a catalyst for learning and development
- A place to record, track and manage performance objectives linked to your Key Performance Factors
- A spot to request help from a manager, which encourages conversation and collaboration
- Competency-based coaching tips for employees and managers
- A skills gap analysis of assessment results collected from the individual and other evaluators
- A descending order analysis of results, so decision making about strengths and weaknesses are easily made
- The ability for participants to consolidate their current goals, objectives, development actions and special projects into a Individual Development Plan
- Built-in workflow to allow participants and managers to define, schedule, execute, manage and track development, objectives, feedback and progress
Want to Learn More?
Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern time (closed major holidays)Schedule an Appointment Now